● Come party and dance to great music with Quentin at the Comrades Bowling Club tonight from 8.15pm till late. Cash bar and kitchen open from 6pm. Entry is R10. Please call 083-255-3468 for bookings before 2pm on Friday or for info.
● Christmas Lights Charity Drive at 3 Pinewood Road Beacon Bay 7.30 – 9.30pm daily. Bring a gift or grocery item in support of Langham House, D.J. Sobey and Silver Crown Old age Homes.
● Surfers Disco will be held at the Nahoon Lifesavers Shack with party band Napalma performing live, starting at 8pm. So start the holiday off in style with DJ Rise (Justin Smith) complementing the band. Buy tickets for R100 at Just Surfing.
● Rotary Clubs of East London Tree of Joy ends December 18 at Vincent Park Centre.
● The Solo Club invites all single ladies and men 21 years and older, to come and dance the night away to music by Quentin starting 8.15pm at the Comrades Club. Not sure how to get into safe dating environment? Join the EL Solo Club with a different band playing every week. Entrance is R10. A cash bar will be open. Please phone before 2pm Thursday for bookings on 083-255-346?8.
● The Nahoon Estuary Nature Reserve is a must for those who love beautiful places, river views, a mangrove swamp and forest walks. The reserve is off Beaconhurst Drive. Turn at the Dassie Trail sign. For enquiries phone Celia on (043)735-1833.
● The Beacon Bay Bridge Club is looking for players interested in playing social bridge every Tuesday and Friday between 1.30pm and 4.30pm. They meet at the Eden Worship Centre at 10 Coad Road, Beacon Bay. For further information contact Olga on 083-650-6653 or (043) 735-1736 or Heather on (043) 748-1465.
● Go and join the Scottish Country Dance Club. No experience required, just a love of dancing. They meet every Tuesday from 4pm to 5.30pm in the Ham’s Club. Call Nookie Middleton 084-693-2836 or Merrylees Burgess (043)721-0375.
● If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at the Gonubie Community Policing Forum, please contact Dewald Knoetze on 082-822-1035 or Fred Minty on 072-515-8646.
● Alcoholics Anonymous Gonubie meet at the Baptist Church in Watsonia Crescent at 7.30pm. Contact Jan on 082-850-6918 or Nick on 072-831-7663.
Kings Mall Gonubie are holding a three-day long Christmas Market from tomorrow to Sunday. Bring the family.
● The Dynamic duo, live band Phoenix Rising, will be performing at Hams club this Friday from 6pm till late.
● Dinner, dance and karaoke at Cambridge Sports Club starts at 8pm. Free entry. For bookings call Arie 063-299-8855.
● Yellowwood Forest in Morgans Bay have their famous festive season markets tomorrow, December 23, 28 and January 2 starting at 9am. For more information please phone (043) 841-1598/084-582-2601 or e-mail email@example.com
● The Lavender Blue Pineapple Walk takes place every Saturday morning at 6.30am (weather permitting).
● Face to Face is playing at Typos Bowling Club tonight from 7.30pm. For bookings call Jaco on 079-411-0744.
● Come dance and meet good friends atthe EL Bowling Club with live music by Time is Tight from 8pm till late. Entry R25. Cash bar open. Info and bookings with Gladys 083 968 1069 or Janita 072 385 4360
Jingle Bells Fun Run Walk in aid of SPCA @ Gonubie Sports Club 8am. Prize for the best dressed owner and pet. Free entry.
● Go dance and meet good friends t the EL Bowling Club tonight with live music by Time is Tight from 8pm till late. Entry R25. Cash bar open. For info and bookings call Gladys 083-968-1069 or Janita 072-385-4360.
● Avalon Craft market Kidds Beach December 18 and enjoy an outing with the family.
● Cambridge Sports Club is hosting a Christmas Arts and Crafts Flea Market from 8am to 4pm. Stall booking or info please contact Gavin on 084-202-7794 or Arie 063-299-8855.
● Tea in the Trees have a market on the first and last Sunday of the month from 9am to 2pm. All arts, crafts and home produce welcome. Only R50 to have a stall; all welcome to set up from 7.30am onwards. Any enquiries contact Kate 072-611-2367, www.teainthetrees.com or on the Facebook teainthetrees
● The Flea Market Esplanade (in front of Osners Hotel) now on every weekend weather permitting from 8am to 2pm. All new stalls welcome.
● The East London Group of Alcoholics Anonymous, founding group, meets at The Catholic Church Hall in Caxton Street, Quigney at 7.30pm every Monday. Contact Morris 073-870-4486 or Pieter 082-094-0959 or (043) 722-4033.
● Alcoholics Anonymous Kayser’s Beach Group meets at the Chapel Hall at 7.30pm. Contact 082-714-9400.
● If you are living with someone who is drinking, and this is affecting you, or perhaps you are experiencing problems from having lived with an alcoholic, relative or friend, there is help available for you at the Al Anon Family Group Meeting held at Cambridge Methodist Church Hebbes Street every Tuesday at 7.30 pm. Contact Elsie (043)721-0483 or 078-628-6311.
● Alcoholics Anonymous Cambridge Group meets at the Methodist Church, Hebbes Street, Cambridge, at 7.30pm. Contact Jumbo on (043)741-3685.
● The pipe band meet at 6.30 at the Abbottsford Christian School. Tuition given. For bagpipes call Robert on 082 897 8571 and drumming: Stephen 076-308-0912.
● The EL Bridge Club welcomes all who wish to play ‘Duplicate Bridge’. Call Jean (043) 735-4893, Karen 082-856-0400 or Kathie 083-651-0418 for more info.
● Narcotics Anonymous meet every Wednesday and Friday from 7pm-8pm at St Nicholas Church, Pell Street, Beacon Bay. Call For details call 082-796-3699.
● Calling all woman golfers – The Golden Oldies Golf Club at Python Park Caddy Shack for golfers older than 50 years of age are looking for women to join the vibrant club. The fun starts every Wednesday at 8am for 8.30am. For further information contact Eric Dellaquerra on 082-332-6271 or Mike Goss 083-555-3275.
● Hemingways Christmas Craftmarket will be held at The Venue at Hemingways Hotel until December 23 from 10am to 7pm.
● Don’t Miss My Baby live at Raggies in Beacon Bay.
● Chintsa living presents Chintsa Festival featuring Can of Worms, Kev Fish, Dan Hugo and Jason Gladwin.
● Lazy Days under the Trees at The C Club Chintsa East from 2pm – 10pm. Bring blankets, picinic baskets and come listen to music that will take you on a journey.
● Bushpig Music Festival in Kei Mouth enjoy two days of music starts 10am each day.
● Prime Circle live at The C Club Chintsa East at 8pm today.
● Chris Chameleon performs at The Arts Theatre from 7pm. Tickets are R120 and available from Lee Gold Music.
● Go and see the New Year in with music by DJ Ian at Gonubie FarmerS Hall starting at 7pm. Entry is R40 per person. Bring own bar; refreshments on sale.
● A dance will be held on January 7 at the Gonubie Farmers Hall from 8pm and entry for this is R30.
● New Year’s Eve Bash with a Mexican Theme at The Deck at Morgans Bay Hotel.