-The East London slot car club will have racing every Thursday evening from 7pm. Come and see the little miniature slot cars on a new repainted 42m track. All welcome. For further information contact Hennie on 082-448-3221.
-Meals on Wheels are in dire need of volunteers. They are looking to have volunteers available either mornings only or a full day once a week. They work around your schedule, so you tell them when you are free! Volunteers need to have their own transport to and from the Centre, situated at 19 Smartt Road in Nahoon. If you can help, please contact Jeni on (043) 735-2166 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
-A warm welcome is extended to all people over the age of 21 who love dancing. Please join the EL Dance Club tonight and every Thursday night at the EL Bowling Club – entrance is between the new Jumbo complex and the big sports fields. Live music by top enter tainers. Look forward to seeing you there. Bring a friend too.
-The Nahoon Estuary Nature Reserve is a must for those who love beautiful places, river views, a mangrove swamp and forest walks. Bird enthusiasts will enjoy sitting quietly in the two bird hides watching blue duikers and birds at the birdbaths and eating seed. New members of Nahooners, which supports the reserve, are welcome to join and are given a gate key that allows them to visit 24/7. The reserve is off Beaconhurst Drive. Turn at the Dassie Trail sign. For enquiries phone Celia on ( 0 4 3 ) 73 5 – 1 8 3 3 .
– The Beacon Bay Bridge Club is looking for players interested in playing social bridge every Tuesday and Friday between 1.30 and 4.30pm. They meet at the Eden Worship Centre at 10 Coad Road, Beacon Bay. For further information contact Olga on 083-650-6653 or (043) 735-1736 or Heather on (043) 748-1465.
Go and join the Scottish Country Dance Club. No experience required, just a love of dancing. They meet every Tuesday from 4pm-5.30pm in the Ham’s Club. Free lessons given. R10 per person per session. For queries call Nookie Middleton 084-693-2836 or Merrylees Burgess (043)721-0375.
– If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at the Gonubie Community Policing Forum, please contact Dewald Knoetze on 082-822-1035 or Fred Minty on 072-515-8646. ý Alcoholics Anonymous Gonubie meet at the Baptist Church in Watsonia Crescent at 7.30pm. Contact Jan on 082-850-6918 or Nick on 072-831-7663.
-Jumble sale at Berea Gardens in Jarvis Road from 9am-11am. There will be bargains galore.
– Women’s World Day of Prayer service to be held at the Kennersley Park Chapel from 10am. All welcome.
– Come Party and dance to great music with Quentin at the Comrades Club tonight from 8.15pm till late. Fantastic kitchen and bar open from 6pm. Only R10 per person entry. Please support. Please call 083-255-3468 before 2pm Friday for table bookings.
-The Gonubie Saturday flea market takes place every Saturday morning in front of the municipality from 8am to 1pm weather permitting. All stalls and car boot sales welcome. For enquiries please contact Glenda on WhatsApp or call 082-714-3390.
– Dance to the music of Time is Tight at the EL Bowling Club at 8pm Entry is R30. Cash bar and eats and dance the night away. For more info please contact Janita 072-385-4360 or Gladys 083-968-1069.
– Go and join the dirt oval racing action for all the thrills and spills of the first race of the season at Border Stock Cars. Gates open 1.30pm and racing starts 5pm. Should it rain they may race Sunday at 12 noon, weather permitting. Tickets R50 and children between 7 and 12 pay R20, with under 6-year-olds entering free. Classes offered are, 2.1 Mod, Hot Rods, 1660, Junior Hot Rods and Flexi V8. A kiosk will be available. For more info contact 082-953-4942.
– Yellowwood Forest in Morgans Bay will have their Forest Fare Farmers Market every Saturday morning, regardless of the weather from 9am. You can find a selection of local farm fresh veggies, meat, cakes, eats, pancakes, much loved 2nd hand treasures, books, nuts, flowers, clothing and other interesting goodies. Every Saturday morning, so come and do your weekly grocery shopping at the forest. For more information or to book a stall call (043) 841-1 598/084 5822 601 or e-mail i n f o @ y e l l o w w o o d f o re s t . c o . z a
– The Lavender Blue Pineapple Walk takes place every Saturday morning at 6.30am (weather permitting). Meet Yvonne in the Lavender Blue parking every Saturday at 6am for a lovely walk and enjoy breakfast afterwards. You will be taken on a 10km circular walk past farms and along farm roads. Take the usual goodies with and some money for a hearty breakfast afterwards. The walk is about 2 hours and a bit.
– Tea in the Trees have a market on the first and last Sunday of the month from 9am to 2pm. all arts, crafts and home produce welcome. Only R50 to have a stall, all welcome to set up from 7.30 onwards. Any enquiries contact kate 072-611-2367, w w w.t e a i n t h e t re e s . c o m or on the Facebook teainthetrees.
– Cambridge Sport club have their flea market at the club. Come and enjoy a family fun day with art and craft, food stalls, jumping castle, paintball target shooting, cash bar and lots more. For stall bookings or more info call the office on 043-726-4091 or 076 – 41 1 – 0 1 0 1 .
– The Flea Market Esplanade (in front of Osners Hotel) now on every weekend weather permitting from 8am to 2pm. All new stalls welcome.
– The East London Group of Alcoholics Anonymous, founding group, meets at The Catholic Church Hall in Caxton Street, Quigney at 7.30pm every Monday. Contact Morris 073-870-4486 or Pieter 082-094-0959 or (043) 72 2 – 4 0 3 3 .
– Alcoholics Anonymous Kayser’s Beach Group meets at the Chapel Hall at 7.30pm. Contact 082-714-9400. ý If you are living with someone who is drinking, and this is affecting you, or perhaps you are experiencing problems from having lived with an alcoholic, relative or friend, there is help available for you at the Al Anon Family Group Meeting held at Cambridge Methodist Church Hebbes Street every Tuesday at 7.30 pm. Contact Elsie (043)721-0483 or 078-628-6311.
– Alcoholics Anonymous Cambridge Group meets at the Methodist Church, Hebbes Street, Cambridge, at 7.30pm. Contact Jumbo on (043)741-3685. ý The pipe band meet at 6.30pm at the Abbottsford Christian School. Tuition given. For bagpipes call Robert on 082-897-8571 and drumming: Stephen 076-308-0912.
– The EL Bridge Club welcomes all who wish to play ‘Duplicate Bridge’. Provision has been made for new players to begin at a “starter table” in order to be guided in the use of bidding boxes. Come along with a partner on any Tuesday and/or Saturday at 1.15pm to the Berea Gardens Dining Hall. Call Jean (043) 735-4893, Karen 082-856-0400 or Kathie 083-651-0418 for info.
-Narcotics Anonymous meet every Wednesday and Friday from 7pm-8pm at St Nicholas Church, Pell Street, Beacon Bay. Call For details call 082-796-3699