● The East London slot car club will have racing every Thursday evening from 7pm. Come and see the little miniature slot cars on a new repainted 42 metre track. All welcome. For further information contact Hennie on 082-448-3221.
● Meals on Wheels are in dire need of volunteers. Volunteers need to have their own transport to and from the Centre, situated at 19 Smartt Road in Nahoon. If you can help, please contact Jeni on (043) 735-2166 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Please join the EL Dance Club tonight and every Thursday night at the EL Bowling Club – entrance is between the new Jumbo complex and the big sports fields. Live music by top entertainers.
● New members of The Nahoon Estuary Nature Reserve which supports the reserve, are welcome to join and are given a gate key that allows them to visit 24/7. The reserve is off Beaconhurst Drive. Turn at the Dassie Trail sign. For enquiries phone Celia on (043)735-1833.
● The Beacon Bay Bridge Club is looking for players interested in playing social bridge every Tuesday and Friday between 1.30 and 4.30pm. They meet at the Eden Worship Centre at 10 Coad Road, Beacon Bay. For further information contact Olga on 083-650-6653 or (043) 735-1736 or Heather on (043) 748-1465.
● Go and join the Scottish Country Dance Club. No experience required, just a love of dancing. They meet every Tuesday from 4pm to 5.30pm in the Ham’s Club. Free lessons .R10 per person per session. For queries call Nookie Middleton 084-693-2836 or Merrylees Burgess (043)721-0375.
● If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at the Gonubie Community Policing Forum, please contact Dewald Knoetze on 082-822-1035 or Fred Minty on 072-515-8646.
● Alcoholics Anonymous Gonubie meet at the Baptist Church in Watsonia Crescent at 7.30pm. Contact Jan on 082-850-6918 or Nick on 072-831-7663.
● Come Party and dance to great music with Quentin at the Comrades Club tonight from 8.15pm till late. Please call 083-255-3468 before 2pm Friday for table bookings.
● The Boeremusiekgilde are having a dance at Grens Primary School in Muir street, East London from 7 for 7.30pm. Tickets are R20 for members and non-members pay R30. For further info contact 083-461-3138.
● Go and join the dirt oval racing action for all the thrills and spills of the first race of the season at Border Stock Cars. Gates open 1.30pm and racing starts 5pm. Should it rain, they may race on Sunday at 12 noon, weather permitting. Tickets R50 and children between seven and 12 pay R20, with under six-year-old entering free. Contact 082-953-4942.
● Go and dance the night away with Time is Tight at the East London Bowling Club tonight. Entry is R25. For more information call 083-968-1069.
● The Centenary Tennis Club hosts social tennis every Saturday from 1.30pm. All welcome, so all ages come and join the fun. For more info call Maurice 082-676-9708 or Deon 082-443-8995.
● The Gonubie Saturday flea market takes place every Saturday morning in front of the municipality from 8am to 1pm – weather permitting. Please contact Glenda on WhatsApp or call 082-714-3390.
● Yellowwood Forest in Morgans Bay will have their Forest Fare Farmers Market every Saturday morning, regardless of the weather from 9am. For more information or to book a stall call (043) 841-1 598/084 5822 601 or e-mail email@example.com
● The Lavender Blue Pineapple Walk takes place every Saturday morning at 6.30am (weather permitting). Meet Yvonne in the Lavender Blue parking every Saturday at 6am for a lovely walk and enjoy breakfast afterwards. The walk is about two hours and a bit.
● Tea in the Trees have a market on the first and last Sunday of the month from 9am to 2pm. All arts, crafts and home produce welcome. Only R50 to have a stall, all welcome to set up from 7.30 onwards. Any enquiries contact kate 072-611-2367, www.teainthetrees.com or on Facebook teainthetrees.
● The Flea Market Esplanade (in front of Osners Hotel) now on every weekend weather permitting from 8am to 2pm. All new stalls welcome.
● The East London Group of Alcoholics Anonymous founding group, meets at The Catholic Church Hall in Caxton Street, Quigney at 7.30pm every Monday. Contact Morris 073-870-4486 or Pieter 082-094-0959 or (043) 722-4033.
● Alcoholics Anonymous Kayser’s Beach Group meets at the Chapel Hall at 7.30pm. Contact 082-714-9400.
● If you are living with someone who is drinking, help available for you at the Al Anon Family Group Meeting held at Cambridge Methodist Church Hebbes Street every Tuesday at 7.30 pm. Contact Elsie (043)721-0483 or 078-628-6311.
● Alcoholics Anonymous Cambridge Group meets at the Methodist Church, Hebbes Street, Cambridge, at 7.30pm. Contact Jumbo on (043)741-3685.
● The pipe band meet at 6.30 at Hudson Park High School music block. Tuition given. For bagpipes call Robert on 082 897 8571 and drumming: Stephen 076-308-0912.
● The EL Bridge Club welcomes all who wish to play “Duplicate Bridge”. Come along with a partner on any Tuesday and/or Saturday at 1.15pm to the Berea Gardens Dining Hall. Call Jean (043) 735-4893, Karen 082-856-0400 or Kathie 083-651-0418 for info.
● Narcotics Anonymous meet every Wednesday and Friday from 7pm-8pm at St Nicholas Church, Pell Street, Beacon Bay. Call For details call 082-796-3699.
● MasithetheCounselling Services are hosting a Live, Love, Laugh support group. To be held every third Wednesday at the Masithethe Centre at3 St James Road, Southernwood. For more info call 043-722-2000 or Whatsapp: 084-091-5410 and Facebook.
● Round Table Stutterheim host a bike ride at the Stutterheim Country Club. There will be entertainment from April 21 and on the Saturday, with a band and spit braai on Saturday evening. More info www.stutt103.co.za.