● The East London slot car club will have racing every Thursday evening from 7pm. Come and see the little miniature slot cars on a new repainted 42m track. All welcome. For further information contact Hennie on 082-448-3221.
● Meals on Wheels are in dire need of volunteers. They are looking to have volunteers available either mornings only or a full day once-a-week. Volunteers need to have their own transport to and from the centre, situated at 19 Smartt Road in Nahoon. If you can help, please contact Jeni on (043) 735-2166 or e-mail email@example.com
● A warm welcome is extended to all people over the age of 21 who love dancing. Please join the EL Dance Club tonight and every Thursday night at the EL Bowling Club
● The Beacon Bay Bridge Club is looking for players interested in playing social bridge every Tuesday and Friday between 1.30 and 4.30pm. They meet at the Eden Worship Centre at 10 Coad Road, Beacon Bay. For further information contact Olga on 083-650-6653 or (043) 735-1736 or Heather on (043) 748-1465.
● Go and join the Scottish Country Dance Club. They meet every Tuesday from 4pm to 5.30pm in the Ham’s Club. Free lessons given. R10 per person per session. For queries call Nookie Middleton 084-693-2836 or Merrylees Burgess (043)721-0375.
● If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at the Gonubie Community Policing Forum, please contact Dewald Knoetze on 082-822-1035 or Fred Minty on 072-515-8646.
● Alcoholics Anonymous Gonubie meet at the Baptist Church in Watsonia Crescent at 7.30pm. Contact Jan on 082-850-6918 or Nick on 072-831-7663.
● Country dance to the music of Donovan at Cambridge Sports Club from 7pm. Entrance is R30 per person and a cash bar will be available and food on sale! Prizes for best-dressed! For bookings phone Janine on 076-453-2372 or buy your tickets at the door.
● The Centenary Tennis Club hosts social tennis every Saturday from 1.30pm. All welcome, so all ages come and join the fun. For more info call Maurice 082-676-9708 or Deon 082-443-8995.
● The Gonubie Saturday flea market takes place every Saturday morning in front of the municipality from 8am to 1pm – weather permitting. All stalls and car boot sales welcome. For enquiries please contact Glenda on WhatsApp or call 082-714-3390.
● Yellowwood Forest in Morgans Bay will have their Forest Fare Farmers Market every Saturday morning, regardless of the weather from 9am. You can find a selection of local farm fresh veggies, meat, cakes, eats, pancakes, second- hand treasures, books, nuts, flowers, clothing and other interesting goodies. For more information or to book a stall call (043) 841-1 598/084 5822 601 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
● The Lavender Blue Pineapple Walk takes place every Saturday morning at 6.30am (weather permitting). Meet Yvonne in the Lavender Blue parking every Saturday at 6am for a lovely walk and enjoy breakfast afterwards. You will be taken on a 10km circular walk past farms and along farm roads. Take the usual goodies with and some money for a hearty breakfast afterwards. The walk is about two hours.
● Tea in the Trees have a market on the first and last Sunday of the month from 9am to 2pm. all arts, crafts and home produce welcome. Only R50 to have a stall, all welcome to set up from 7.30 onwards. Any enquiries contact kate 072-611-2367, www.teainthetrees com or on the Facebook teainthetrees.
● The Flea Market Esplanade (in front of Osners Hotel) now on every weekend weather permitting from 8am to 2pm. All new stalls welcome.
● The East London Group of Alcoholics Anonymous, founding group, meets at The Catholic Church Hall in Caxton Street, Quigney at 7.30pm every Monday. Contact Morris 073-870-4486 or Pieter 082-094-0959 or (043) 722-4033.
● Alcoholics Anonymous Kayser’s Beach Group meets at the Chapel Hall at 7.30pm. Contact 082-714-9400.
● If you are living with someone who is drinking, and this is affecting you, or perhaps you are experiencing problems from having lived with an alcoholic relative or friend, there is help available for you at the Al Anon Family Group Meeting at Cambridge Methodist Church Hebbes Street every Tuesday at 7.30 pm. Contact Elsie (043)721-0483 or 078-628-6311.
● The Friends of the Museum and the Border Historical Society host the EL Dog Unit presented by Dirk Brenkman at the Courtenay Latimer Hall. The talk starts at 7.30pm and all are welcome.
● Alcoholics Anonymous Cambridge Group meets at the Methodist Church, Hebbes Street, Cambridge, at 7.30pm. Contact Jumbo on (043) 741-3685.
● The pipe band meet at 6.30 at Hudson Park High School music block. Tuition given. For bagpipes call Robert on 082-897-8571 and drumming: Stephen on 082-560-0247.
● The EL Bridge Club welcomes all who wish to play “duplicate bridge”. Provision has been made for new players to begin at a “starter table” in order to be guided in the use of bidding boxes. Come along with a partner on any Tuesday and/or Saturday at 1.15pm to the Berea Gardens Dining Hall. Call Jean (043) 735-4893, Karen 082-856-0400 or Kathie 083-651-0418 for info.
● Narcotics Anonymous meet every Wednesday and Friday from 7pm-8pm at St Nicholas Church, Pell Street, Beacon Bay. Call For details call 082-796-3699.
● There are times you just need someone to talk to, to laugh and meet new people. Masithethe Counselling Services are hosting a Live, Love, Laugh Support Group to create a space where people can meet, be themselves and talk about issues affecting them, spread awareness, educate and encourage each other. Masithethe (formerly LifeLine) will provide the space and facilitate the process. This support group is open to all.To be held every third Wednesday of the month at 6pm at the Masithethe Centre at 3 St James Road, Southernwood. For more info call 043-722-2000 or Whatsapp: 084-091-5410 and Facebook.
● Round Table Stutterheim host a bike ride at the Stutterheim Country Club. There will be entertainment from April 21 and the Saturday, with a band and spit braai on Saturday evening. More info and online registration is available at www.stutt103.co.za
The ride starts at 9am.