● University of the Third Age meets on the second Thursday of each month at 9.30am, cost R 10 per visitor and R5 for members. Meetings are held at the St Andrews Croquet Club hall in Bunkers Hill. Call (043) 738-5090 for any queries.
● Put on your dancing shoes to waltz, two-step and line dance tonight away with live music by Ivan’s Band at the East London Bowling Club from 8pm. Entry is R25 per person. Cash bar open. For more information call 073-243-2318.
● The East London slot car club will have racing every Thursday evening from 7pm. Come and see the little miniature slot cars on a new repainted 42m track. All welcome. For further information contact Hennie on 082-448-3221.
● The Nahoon Estuary Nature Reserve is a must for those who love beautiful places. New members of Nahooners, which supports the reserve, are welcome to join and are given a gate key that allows them to visit 24/7. The reserve is off Beaconhurst Drive. Turn at the Dassie Trail sign. For enquiries phone Celia on (043)735-1833.
● Join the Scottish Country Dance Club – no experience required, just a love of dancing. Meet every Tuesday from 4pm to 5.30pm in the Ham’s Club. Free lessons given. R10 per person, per session. For queries call Nookie Middleton 084-693-2836 or Merrylees Burgess (043)721-0375.
● If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at the Gonubie Community Policing Forum, please contact Dewald Knoetze on 082-822-1035 or Fred Minty on 072-515-8646.
● Alcoholics Anonymous Gonubie meet at the Baptist Church in Watsonia Crescent at 7.30pm. Contact Jan on 082-850-6918 or Nick on 072-831-7663.
● Dinner dance tonight at Comrades Club with live music by Quentin from 8.15pm. Kitchen and bar open from 6pm. Entry R20. Call 083-255-3468 before 2pm for table bookings.
● Come dance tonight away at the Gonubie Farmers Hall with live music by Time is Tight from 8pm. Entry is R30. Bring own bar. For info and bookings call Janita on 060-631-3701 or Gladys 083-968-1069.
● The Centenary Tennis Club hosts social tennis every Saturday from 1.30pm. All welcome, so all ages come and join the fun. For more info call Maurice 082-676-9708 or Deon 082-443-8995.
● The Gonubie Saturday flea market takes place every Saturday morning in front of the municipality from 8am to 1pm, weather permitting. All stalls and car boot sales welcome. For enquiries please contact Glenda on WhatsApp or call 082-714-3390.
● The Lavender Blue Pineapple Walk takes place every Saturday morning at 6.30am (weather permitting). Meet Yvonne in the parking area at 6am, and enjoy breakfast afterwards. The walk is about 2 hours and a bit.
● Tea in the Trees has a market on the first and last Sunday of the month from 9am to 2pm. All arts, crafts and home produce welcome. Only R50 to have a stall. Any enquiries contact Kate 072-611-2367, www.teainthetrees.com or on the Facebook teainthetrees.
● The East London Group of Alcoholics Anonymous, founding group, meets at The Catholic Church Hall in Caxton Street, Quigney at 7.30pm every Monday. Contact Morris 073-870-4486 or Pieter 082-094-0959 or (043)722-4033.
● Al Anon Family Group Meeting at Cambridge Methodist Church, Hebbes Street, every Tuesday at 7.30 pm. Con- tact Elsie (043)721-0483 or 078-628-6311.
● Alcoholics Anonymous Cambridge Group meets at the Methodist Church, Hebbes Street, Cambridge, at 7.30pm. Contact Jumbo on (043)741-3685.
● The pipe band meet at 6.30 at Hudson Park High School music block. Tuition given. For bagpipes call Robert on 082-897-8571 and drumming: Stephen on 082-560-0247.
● The EL Bridge Club welcomes all who wish to play Duplicate Bridge. Come along with a partner any Tuesday and/or Saturday at 1.15pm to the Berea Gardens Dining Hall. Call Jean (043) 735-4893, Karen 082-856-0400 or Kathie 083-651-0418 for info.
● Narcotics Anonymous meet every Wednesday and Friday from 7pm-8pm at St Nicholas Church, Pell Street, Beacon Bay. For details call 082-796-3699.
● The Beacon Bay Bridge Club is looking for players interested in playing social bridge every Tuesday and Friday between 1.30 and 4.30pm. They meet at the Eden Worship Centre at 10 Coad Road, Beacon Bay. For further information contact Olga on 083-650-6653 or (043)735-1736 or Heather on (043)748-1465.
● Masithethe Counselling Services are hosting a Live, Love, Laugh Support Group, to be held every third Wednes day of the month at 6pm at the Masithethe Centre at 3 St James Road, Southernwood. For more info call 043-722-2000 or Whatsapp: 084-091-5410 and Facebook.
● Stirling Worship Center will have a Boot Sale from 10am to 2pm at the church at 7 Schultz Road, Stirling. There will be pre-loved goods for sale as well as hot dogs, boerewors rolls and pancakes.