HISTORICAL VISIT

The great-granddaughter of the Earl of Clarendon, Lucinda Ball, and her husband Alan Ball, visited Clarendon Girls’ High School. Lucinda’s greatgrandfather The Earl of Clarendon’s wife, Lady Clarendon, opened the present school buildings on February 22 1937 and the Clarendon family granted permission to the school to call itself Clarendon Girls’ High School after Lady Clarendon in 1957. Attached is a photo of Lucinda and her husband being welcomed to the school by the Old Girls Guild chairman Barbie Harrison, headgirl Caitlin Laing (back right), deputy headgirl Sisipho Ntozake (back, second on the left), other senior councillors and some Grade 8s.

LEAVE A REPLY