- Put on your dancing shoes to waltz, two-step and line dance tonight away with live music by Alwyn’s Band at the East London Bowling Club from 8pm. Entry is R25 per person. Cash bar open. For more information, call 073-243-2318.
- The East London slot car club hosts racing every Thursday evening from 7pm. Come and see the little miniature slot cars on a 42m track. All welcome. For more information, contact Hennie on 082-448-3221.
- The Nahoon Estuary Nature Reserve is a must for those who love beautiful places, river views, a mangrove swamp and forest walks. Bird enthusiasts will enjoy sitting in the two bird hides watching blue duikers and birds. New members of Nahooners, which supports the reserve, are welcome to join and are given a gate key that allows them to visit 24/7. The reserve is off Beaconhurst Drive. Turn at the Dassie Trail sign. For more information, contact Celia on (043)735-1833.
- Come and join the Scottish Country Dance Club . No experience required, just a love of dancing. They meet every Tuesday from 4pm to 5.30pm in the Ham’s Club . Free lessons given. R10 per person per session. For more information, contact Nookie Middleton on 084-693-2836 or Merrylees Burgess on (043)721-0375.
- If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at the Gonubie Community Policing Forum, please contact Dewald Knoetze on 082-822-1035 or Fred Minty on 072-515-8646.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Gonubie meet at the Baptist Church in Watsonia Crescent at 7.30pm. Contact Jan on 082-850-6918 or Nick on 072-831-7663.
- Dinner dance tonight at Comrades Club with live music by Quentin from 8.15pm. Kitchen and bar open from 6pm. Entry R20. Call 083-255-3468 before 2pm for table bookings.
- St Andrew’s Lutheran Church hosts their annual bazaar at 50 Park Avenue, East London, starting at noon. There will be German sausages on sale, homemade cakes, needlework, a tombola stall, white elephant and more. Contact 082-705-5415.
- The Centenary Tennis Club hosts social tennis every Saturday from 1.30pm. All welcome, so all ages come and join the fun. For more information, contact Maurice on 082-676-9708 or Deon on 082-443-8995.
- The Gonubie Saturday flea market takes place in front of the municipality from 8am to 1pm (weather permitting). All stalls and car boot sales welcome. For more information, contact Glenda on WhatsApp or call 082-714-3390.
- The Lavender Blue Pineapple Walk takes place every Saturday morning at 6.30am (weather permitting). Meet Yvonne in the Lavender Blue parking at 6am. You will be taken on a 10km circular walk past farms and along farm roads. Take the usual goodies with and some money for a hearty breakfast afterwards. The walk is two hours and a bit.
- Tea in the Trees have a market on the first and last Sunday of the month from 9am to 2pm. All arts, crafts and home produce welcome. Only R50 to have a stall. All welcome to set up from 7.30am onwards. For more information, contact Kate on 072-611-2367, www.teainthetrees.com or on their Facebook page, teainthetrees.
- The Flea Market Esplanade (in front of Hotel Osner) takes place every weekend (weather permitting) from 8am to 2pm. New stalls welcome.
- The Beacon Bay Ratepayers meet at 6.15pm at the Bonza Bay Bowling Club . All welcome
- The East London Group of Alcoholics Anonymous (founding group) meets at the Catholic Church hall in Caxton Street, Quigney at 7.30pm every Monday. Contact Morris on 073-870-4486 or Pieter on 082-094-0959 or (043)722-4033.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Kayser’s Beach Group meets at the Chapel Hall at 7.30pm. Contact 082-714-9400.
- If you are living with someone who is drinking, and this is affecting you, there is help available for you at the Al Anon Family Group meeting held at Cambridge Methodist Church Hebbes Street every Tuesday at 7.30 pm. Contact Elsie on (043)721-0483 or 078-628-6311.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Cambridge Group meets at the Methodist Church, Hebbes Street, Cambridge, at 7.30pm. Contact Jumbo on (043)741-3685.
- The pipe band meets at 6.30pm in the Hudson Park High School music block. Tuition given. For bagpipes, contact Robert on 082-897-8571 and drumming, Stephen on 082-560-0247.
- The EL Bridge Club welcomes all who wish to play duplicate bridge . Provision has been made for new players to begin at a “starter table” in order to be guided in the use of bidding boxes. Come along with a partner on any Tuesday and/or Saturday at 1.15pm to the Berea Gardens dining hall. For more information, contact Jean on (043)735-4893, Karen on 082-856-0400 or Kathie on 083-651-0418.
- Narcotics Anonymous meet every Wednesday and Friday from 7pm-8pm at St Nicholas Church, Pell Street, Beacon Bay . For more information, 082-796-3699.
- The Beacon Bay Bridge Club is looking for players interested in playing social bridge every Tuesday and Friday between 1.30pm and 4.30pm. They meet at the Eden Worship Centre at 10 Coad Road, Beacon Bay . For more information, contact Olga on 083-650-6653 or (043)735-1736 or Heather on (043)748-1465.
- There are times you just need someone to talk to, to laugh and meet new people. Masithethe Counselling Services are hosting a Live, Love, Laugh Support Group to create a space where people can talk about issues that are affecting them, spread awareness, educate and encourage each other. Masithethe (formerly LifeLine) will provide the space and facilitate the process. This support group is open to all. To be held every third Wednesday of the month at 6pm at the Masithethe Centre at 3 St James Road, Southernwood. For more information, call (043)722-2000 or Whatsapp, 084-091-5410 and Facebook.
- The East London branch of the Diabetes Support Group meet in the Regent Hotel’s Terrace Room from 2.45pm for an awareness talk and AGM. All welcome. For more information, Usha Jimmy 083-556-0590.