The Daily Dispatch will host its fifth annual Local Heroes Awards Ceremony at the East London ICC on October 31. to celebrate our unsung heroes.
Out of the 44 nominees from January 15 to August 31, only 12 have been selected by a panel of judges and will be revealed on the night of the event.
The MC for the glitzy, masked ball evening is radio personality, Bongani Bingwa, who is no stranger to the Local Heroes.
Bingwa was the emcee for the inaugural event in 2015 and is now back to celebrate with the Daily Dispatch and Johnson & Johnson.
He is currently the breakfast show host on 702, and was previously a presenter and journalist on Carte Blanche, where he worked for 11 years.
Criteria for the nominees included:
- Nominees must be making an impact in the Eastern Cape and preferably their outreach should be as local as possible;
- Nominees must agree to take part in publicity for Local Heroes after the judging process;
- Anyone can nominate any individual doing good work in any category;
- The person nominating someone must provide a minimum 500-word motivation for the person’s selection, also explaining the impact of the nominee’s efforts;
- The person nominating someone must provide all necessary details of the nominee including name, address, telephone and cellphone number, e-mail address and physical address; and
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in future.
A new edition to the event is the Heroes’ hero award.
The 2019 heroes have voted for their top heroes from the past years since the inception of the campaign in 2015.
On the night KFC, will reveal the KFC Heroes’ Hero, who will be awarded with a R50,000 cash prize.
Sponsors such as Johnson & Johnson, KFC, PNA, Vincent Park and Hemingways Hotel have made this distinct event possible.
Videos have been made of the projects that are run by the 12 heroes and will be displayed on the night.
The ticket price of R540 per person or R5,200 per table of 10 includes a three-course meal, however, seats are limited.
Contact Luke for bookings on 043-702-2000 or on email@example.com
The event starts at 6pm.