The gloomy weather last Sunday did not dampen the enthusiasm of runners as they participated in the inaugural Bramble Berry Run in Gonubie.
The run attracted more than 750 entrants and included a 10km race or 5km fun run. Old Mutual Athletics Club’s (Omac) Boitumelo Lepman said the turnout was good.
“Being the first race, it was a good turnout and we remain thankful to the running community for supporting our events,” Lepman said.
He said that with the assistance of Galaxy Bingo as sponsors, hopefully more corporates would come on board.
R16,000 in prize monies were won for the 10km race by the top three overall, and age categories both for males and females.
Two lucky draw winners walked away with R2,000 worth of vouchers from Puma.
1. Yanga Malusi (Zwelonke AC) – 00:32:02
2. Luthando Hejana (OMAC EL) – 00:33:10
3. Mandlenkosi Tuna (Zwelonke AC) – 00:33:54
1. Cindy Schwulst (Born 2 Run AC Border) – 00:41:22
2. Caryn Lategan (Born 2 Run AC Border) – 00:42:32
3. Unetsie Steenberg-Botha (Born 2 Run AC Border) – 00:43:44