Covid-19 cases rise to four in Nelson Mandela Bay

CASES INCREASE: Nelson Mandela Bay now has four confirmed Covid-19 cases. All are in self-quarantine at home
Image: 123RF/LIGHTWISE

The number of confirmed cases of Covid-19 has risen to four in Nelson Mandela Bay.

This is according to health department spokesperson Siyanda Manana.

This follows health minister Zwelini Mkhize announcing on Sunday night that the number of cases in the Eastern Cape had risen to 12 — up from 10 the day before.

Manana said the two new patients who had tested positive, both lived in the Bay.

“All four of the people who have tested positive in the city are in self-quarantine at home,” he said.

The two people who tested positive earlier in Nelson Mandela Bay live in Bluewater Bay and Walmer.

Manana declined to reveal the exact location of the two new patients.

Meanwhile, the Sarah Baartman district recorded its first three cases at the weekend, with one in Aberdeen, one in St Francis Bay and another in Paterson.

Komani also recorded its first positive case at the weekend.

The remaining cases in the province include three in East London and one in Willowvale.

BY: MICHAEL KIMBERLEY

SOURCE: DISPATCHLIVE 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here