● The East London slot car club will host racing every Thursday from 7pm. Come and see the little miniature slot cars on a new repainted 42m track. All welcome. For more information contact Hennie on 082-448-3221.
● Meals on Wheels are in dire need of volunteers. They are looking to have volunteers available either mornings only or a full day – once a week. They work around your schedule, so you tell them when you’re free! Volunteers need to have their own transport to and from the centre, situated at 19 Smartt Road in Nahoon. If you can help, please contact Jeni on (043) 735-2166 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
● A warm welcome is extended to all people over the age of 21 who love dancing. Please join the EL Dance Club tonight and every Thursday night at the EL Bowling Club – entrance is between the new Jumbo complex and the big sports fields. Live music by top entertainers.
Looking forward to seeing you there. Bring a friend too.
● The Nahoon Estuary Nature Reserve is a must for those who love beautiful places, river views, a mangrove swamp and forest walks. Bird enthusiasts will enjoy sitting quietly in the two bird hides watching blue duikers and birds at the birdbaths and eating seed. New members of Nahooners, which supports the reserve, are welcome to join and are given a gate key that allows them to visit 24/7. The reserve is off Beaconhurst Drive. Turn at the Dassie Trail sign. For more information, phone Celia on (043)735-1833.
● The Beacon Bay Bridge Club is looking for players interested in playing social bridge every Tuesday and Friday between 1.30 and 4.30pm. They meet at the Eden Worship Centre at 10 Coad Road, Beacon Bay. For more information contact Olga on 083-650-6653 or (043) 735-1736 or Heather on (043) 748-1465.
● Go and join the Scottish Country Dance Club. No experience required, just a love of dancing. They meet every Tuesday from 4pm to 5.30pm in the Ham’s Club. Free lessons given. R10 per person per session. For queries call Nookie Middleton 084-693-2836 or Merrylees Burgess (043)721-0375.
● If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at the Gonubie Community Policing Forum, please contact Dewald Knoetze on 082-822-1035 or Fred Minty on 072-515-8646.
● Alcoholics Anonymous Gonubie meet at the Baptist Church in Watsonia Crescent at 7.30pm. Contact Jan on 082-850-6918 or Nick on 072-831-7663.
● Support cancer victims by either shaving or spraying your hair at this year’s Beacon Bay Country Club Shavathon from 5pm. Adults pay R50 and kids under 12 are R25. Come and enjoy lots of delicious food and fun for all. For more information call Karen Radloff on 082-653-7852.
● There will be a general public meeting for Gonubie residents at 7pm at the Alastair Carnegie Hall. The meeting is open to all residents and there will be a guest speaker.
● A steak evening will be held at 6.30pm at the Malcolm Andrew Sports Centre on the Dale College Sports Fields. The cost is R70. For bookings: Contact Leonie on 083-466-5855.
● Come Party and dance to great music with Quentin at the Comrades Club tonight from 8.15pm till late. Kitchen and bar open from 6pm. Only R10 per person entry. Please support. Please call 083-255-3468 before 2pm Friday for bookings.
● The Gonubie Saturday flea market takes place every Saturday morning in front of the municipality from 8am to 1pm – weather permitting. All stalls and car boot sales welcome. For enquiries please contact Glenda on WhatsApp or call 082-714-3390.
● Yellowwood Forest in Morgans Bay will have their Forest Fare Farmers Market every Saturday morning, regardless of the weather – from 9am. You can find a selection of local farm fresh veggies, meat, cakes, eats, pancakes, much-loved second-hand treasures, books, nuts, flowers, clothing and other interesting goodies. Every Saturday morning, so come and do your weekly grocery shopping at the forest !!For more information or to book a stall call (043) 841-1 598/084 5822 601 or e-mail email@example.com
● The Lavender Blue Pineapple Walk takes place every Saturday morning at 6.30am (weather permitting). Meet Yvonne in the Lavender Blue parking every Saturday at 6am for a lovely walk and enjoy breakfast afterwards. You will be taken on a 10km circular walk past farms and along farm roads. Take the usual goodies with and some money for a hearty breakfast afterwards. The walk is about two hours and a bit.
● The Bunkers market is held with 35 quality stalls at Philip Kahts Ground from 9am to 2pm. Free public entry. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
● Tea in the Trees have a market on the first and last Sunday of the month from 9am to 2pm. All arts, crafts and home produce welcome. Only R50 to have a stall, all welcome to set up from 7.30 onwards. Any enquiries contact Kate 072-611-2367, www.teainthetrees.com or on the Facebook teainthetrees.
●Cambridge Sports Club have their flea market at the club. Come and enjoy a family fun day with art and craft, food stalls, jumping castle, paintball target shooting, cash bar and lots more. For stall bookings or more info call the office on 043-726-4091 or 076-411-0101.
● The Flea Market Esplanade (in front of Osners Hotel) now on every weekend weather permitting from 8am to 2pm. All new stalls welcome.
● The East London Group of Alcoholics Anonymous, founding group, meets at The Catholic Church Hall in Caxton Street, Quigney at 7.30pm every Monday. Contact Morris 073-870-4486 or Pieter 082-094-0959 or (043) 722-4033.
● Alcoholics Anonymous Kayser’s Beach Group meets at the Chapel Hall at 7.30pm. Contact 082-714-9400.
● If you are living with someone who is drinking, and this is affecting you, or perhaps you are experiencing problems from having lived with an alcoholic, relative or friend, there is help available for you at the Al Anon Family Group Meeting held at Cambridge Methodist Church Hebbes Street every Tuesday at 7.30 pm. Contact Elsie (043)721-0483 or 078-628-6311.
● Alcoholics Anonymous Cambridge Group meets at the Methodist Church, Hebbes Street, Cambridge, at 7.30pm. Contact Jumbo on (043)741-3685.
● The pipe band meets at 6.30 at the Abbottsford Christian School. Tuition given. For bagpipes call Robert on 082 897 8571 and drumming: Stephen 076-308-0912.
● The EL Bridge Club welcomes all who wish to play “Duplicate Bridge”. Provision has been made for new players to begin at a “starter table” in order to be guided in the use of bidding boxes. Come along with a partner on any Tuesday and/or Saturday at 1.15pm to the Berea Gardens Dining Hall. Call Jean (043) 735-4893, Karen 082-856-0400 or Kathie 083-651-0418 for info.
● Narcotics Anonymous meet every Wednesday and Friday from 7pm-8pm at St Nicholas Church, Pell Street, Beacon Bay. Call the following number for more information: 082-796-3699.