Today (Thursday, February 2)
● The East London slot car club reopens today and will have racing every Thursday evening from 7pm. Come and see the little miniature slot cars on a new repainted 42m track. All welcome. For further information contact Hennie on 082-448-3221.
● Join the EL Dance Club tonight and every Thursday night at the EL Bowling Club – entrance is between the new Jumbo complex and the big sports fields. Live music by top entertainers. No Under 21s.
● The Nahoon Estuary Nature Reserve is a must for those who love beautiful places, river views, a mangrove swamp and forest walks. New members of Nahooners, which supports the reserve, are welcome to join and are given a gate key that allows them to visit 24/7. The reserve is off Beaconhurst Drive. Turn at the Dassie Trail sign. For inquiries phone Celia on (043)735-1833.
● Go and join the Scottish Country Dance Club. No experience required, just a love of dancing. They meet every Tuesday from 4pm to 5.30pm in the Ham’s Club. Free lessons given. R10 per person per session. For queries call Nookie Middleton 084-693-2836 or Merrylees Burgess (043)721-0375.
● If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at the Gonubie Community Policing Forum, please contact Dewald Knoetze on 082-822-1035 or Fred Minty on 072-515-8646.
● Alcoholics Anonymous Gonubie meet at the Baptist Church in Watsonia Crescent at 7.30pm. Contact Jan on 082-850-6918 or Nick on 072-831-7663.
● Come party and dance to great music with Quentin at Comrades Club tonight from 8.15pm till late. Kitchen and bar open from 6pm. Entry is only R10. Please phone 083-255-3468 before 2pm on a Friday for bookings.
● Greensleeves Place of Safety for Children are hosting a Valentine’s High Tea at Hudson Park Primary School from 3pm. The cost is R100 per ticket with all proceeds going to Greensleeves. For more information contact Di on 082-770-4336.
● Yellowwood Forest in Morgan Bay will have their February Market from 9am to 2pm. For more info or to book a stall call (043)841-1 598/084-582-2601 or e-mail: email@example.com
● Diabetes Support Group meet at the Regent Hotel on the Esplanade from 3pm to 4pm. All welcome. Refreshments and tea/coffee will be served.
● Dance to the music of Time is Tight at the Gonubie Farmers Hall. Entry is R30. Bring your own bar and eats and dance the night away. For more info contact Janita 072-385-4360 or Gladys 083-968-1069.
● Come and support local small businesses every Saturday morning at DK Quality Lifestyle’s flea market at 57 Pearce Street, Berea. Free to display your stall. For inquiries phone 083-459-7905.
● The Lavender Blue Pineapple Walk takes place every Saturday morning at 6.30am (weather permitting). Meet Yvonne in the Lavender Blue parking every Saturday at 6am for a 10km circular walk past farms and along farm roads. Take usual goodies with and some money for a hearty breakfast afterwards. The walk is about two hours.
● Cambridge Sports Club Flea market is on from 9am to 4pm. For stall bookings and info call Gavin on 084-202-7794 or Arie on 063-299-8855.
● Tea in the Trees have a market on the first and last Sunday of the month from 9am to 2pm. Only R50 to have a stall, all welcome to set up from 7.30 onwards. Any inquiries contact Kate 072-611-2367, www.teainthetrees.com or on the Facebook page teainthetrees
● The Flea Market Esplanade (in front of Osners Hotel) is now on every weekend, weather permitting, from 8am to 2pm. All new stalls welcome.
● The Beacon Bay Ratepayers and Civic Association have their first meeting of the year at 6.15pm at the Bonza Bay Bowling Club. The guest speakers will be Kevin Cole, principal scientist at the East London Museum, as well as Henk Els who will talk on the 2017 BCM Property Valuations. See their page on Facebook at: Beacon Bay Ratepayers Association.
● The East London Group of Alcoholics Anonymous, founding group, meets at The Catholic Church Hall in Caxton Street, Quigney at 7.30pm every Monday. Contact Morris 073-870-4486 or Pieter 082-094-0959 or (043) 722-4033.
● If you are living with someone who is drinking, and this is affecting you, or perhaps you are experiencing problems from having lived with an alcoholic relative or friend, there is help available for you at the Al Anon Family Group Meeting held at the Cambridge Methodist Church, Hebbes Street, every Tuesday at 7.30pm. Contact Elsie (043)721-0483 or 078-628-6311.
● The pipe band meet at 6.30 at the Abbottsford Christian School. Tuition given. For bagpipes, call Robert on 082 897 8571 and drumming, Stephen 076-308-0912.
● The EL Bridge Club welcomes all who wish to play Duplicate Bridge on any Tuesday and/or Saturday at 1.15pm at the Berea Gardens Dining Hall. Call Jean (043)735-4893, Karen 082-856-0400 or Kathie 083-651-0418 for info.
● Narcotics Anonymous meet every Wednesday and Friday from 7pm-8pm at St Nicholas Church, Pell Street, Beacon Bay. Call For details call 082-796-3699.
● Calling all woman golfers – the Golden Oldies Golf Club at Python Park Caddy Shack for golfers older than 50 years of age are looking for women to join the vibrant club. The fun starts every Wednesday at 8am for 8.30am. For further info contact Eric Dellaquerra on 082-332-6271 or Mike Goss on 083-555-3275.