- The Floradale artists’ “Natural Expression” exhibition is a celebration of everything to do with natural forms found in the environment. The exhibition is part of a very special celebration for the Floradale Centre, which is the 80th anniversary of Floradale Nursery. The current exhibition at the Floradale Fine Art centre continues with new work taking the place of works which have come down or are sold. “We can assure visitors of work of our usual standard of quality with interesting style changes. We hope to welcome you to the gallery,” Floradale Fine Art curator, Glenda Gendall, said.
- Are you ready to join our motivated group? The University of the Third Age (U3A) caters to people of a so called “mature age”, from about 50 to 90, who are still eager for more knowledge and a zest for listening to cultural and motivational talks. U3A Meet on the second Thursday of each month at 9.30am. The cost is R10 per visitor and R5 for members. This is for the monthly general meeting, after which there is a speaker, followed by tea\coffee and biscuits. On the third Thursday of each month, there is a current affairs meeting at 10am, with a speaker. Both meetings are held at the St Andrews Croquet Club hall in Bunkers Hill. Do come along and swell the numbers. Call (043) 738-5090.
- Put on your dancing shoes to waltz, two-step and line dance tonight away with live music by Mark and Barry at the East London Bowling Club from 8pm. Entry is R25 per person. Couples welcome. Cash bar open. For more information call 073-243-2318.
- The East London slot car club will have racing every Thursday evening from 7pm. Come and see the little miniature slot cars on a new repainted 42m track. For further information contact Hennie on 082-448-3221.
- The Nahoon Estuary Nature Reserve is a must for those who love beautiful places, river views, a mangrove swamp and forest walks. Bird enthusiasts will enjoy sitting quietly in the two bird hides watching blue duikers and birds at the birdbaths and eating seed. New members of Nahooners, which supports the reserve, are welcome to join and are given a gate key that allows them to visit 24/7. The reserve is off Beaconhurst Drive. Turn at the Dassie Trail sign. For enquiries phone Celia on (043)735-1833.
- If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at the Gonubie Community Policing Forum, please contact Dewald Knoetze on 082-822-1035 or Fred Minty on 072-515-8646.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Gonubie meet at the Baptist Church in Watsonia Crescent at 7.30pm. Contact Jan on 082-850-6918 or Nick on 072-831-7663.
- Dinner dance tonight at Comrades Club, “the home of party”, with live music by Quentin from 8.15pm. Eat and drink with Peter Dickson from 6pm at bargain prices- booking essential. Entry R20. Call 083-255-3468 before 2pm for table bookings.
- O’Brian Matross will perform live at Legends Showcase from 7pm. Entry is R100 and tickets are available at Lee Gold Music.
- It’s market time at Yellowwood Forest in Morgan Bay today. Lots of stalls, open-air restaurant under the big Yellowwood trees, outdoor pizza oven, quirky playground for the kids, small touch farm and a Forest Fairy trail. Great fun for the whole family, so come along and bring your family and friends. For more information or to book a stall, please phone (043) 841-1598.
- Dance at East London Bowling Club from 8pm with music by Patrick Nass. Spot dances prizes and curry fat cakes on sale. Music will include country , Afrikaans, rock n roll, sokkie and more. Entrance fee is R25. Cash bar. For info call Janita cell 060-631-3701.
- The Centenary Tennis Club hosts social tennis every Saturday from 1.30pm. All welcome, so all ages come and join the fun. For more info call Maurice 082-676-9708 or Deon 082-443-8995.
- The Gonubie Saturday flea market takes place every Saturday morning in front of the municipality from 8am to 1pm – weather permitting. All stalls and car boot sales welcome. For enquiries please contact Glenda on WhatsApp or call 082-714-3390.
- The Lavender Blue Pineapple Walk takes place every Saturday morning at 6.30am (weather permitting). Meet Yvonne in the Lavender Blue parking lot every Saturday at 6am for a lovely walk and enjoy breakfast afterwards. You will be taken on a 10km circular walk past farms and along farm roads. Take the usual goodies along and some money for a hearty breakfast afterwards.
- The Avalon Market is held at Kidds Beach. Bring the family for a day filled with fun, arts and crafts, fishing competition and lots more. For more information call Kim 082-900-3141.
- From 10am to about 1pm there will be miniature train rides for the whole family to enjoy at the Gonubie Farmers Hall Showgrounds – weather permitting. There is no charge, bring a picnic basket and enjoy a morning at the trains. For further information contact Clive on 082-355-5445.
- Tea in the Trees have a market on the first and last Sunday of the month from 9am to 2pm. all arts, crafts and home produce welcome. Only R50 to have a stall, all welcome to set up from 7.30 onwards. Any enquiries contact Kate 072-611-2367, www.teainthetrees.com or on the Facebook teainthetrees.
- The Esplanade Flea Market (in front of Osner Hotel) now on every weekend weather permitting from 8am to 2pm. All new stalls welcome.
- Exercise classes for senior citizens every Monday and Thursday from 8.30 to 9.30am at St John’s Ambulance, St George’s Road. For information call Nookie (043) 726-1100.
- The East London Group of Alcoholics Anonymous, founding group, meets at The Catholic Church Hall in Caxton Street, Quigney at 7.30pm every Monday. Contact Morris 073-870-4486 or Pieter 082-094-0959 or (043) 722-4033.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Kayser’s Beach Group meets at the Chapel Hall at 7.30pm. Contact 082-714-9400.
- If you are living with someone who is drinking, and this is affecting you, or perhaps you are experiencing problems from having lived with an alcoholic, relative or friend, there is help available for you at the Al Anon Family Group Meeting held at Cambridge Methodist Church Hebbes Street every Tuesday at 7.30 pm. Contact Elsie (043)721-0483 or 078- 628- 6311.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Cambridge Group meets at the Methodist Church, Hebbes Street, Cambridge, at 7.30pm. Contact Jumbo on (043)741-3685.
- The pipe band meet at 6.30 at Hudson Park High School music block. Tuition given. For bagpipes call Robert on 082-897-8571 and drumming: Stephen on 082-560-0247.
- The EL Bridge Club welcomes all who wish to play “Duplicate Bridge”. Provision has been made for new players to begin at a “starter table” in order to be guided in the use of bidding boxes. Come along with a partner on any Tuesday and/or Saturday at 1.15pm to the Berea Gardens Dining Hall. Call Jean (043) 735-4893, Karen 082-856-0400 or Kathie 083-651-0418 for info.
- Narcotics Anonymous meet every Wednesday and Friday from 7pm-8pm at St Nicholas Church, Pell Street, Beacon Bay. Call For details call 082-796-3699.
- Scottish dancing classes every Tuesday 4 to 5.30pm at Ham’s Club in Selborne. Instruction given to beginners. No experience required, just a love of dancing. All very welcome. Information: Nookie (043) 726-1100.
- The Beacon Bay Bridge Club is looking for players interested in playing social bridge every Tuesday and Friday between 1.30 and 4.30pm. They meet at the Eden Worship Centre at 10 Coad Road, Beacon Bay. For further information contact Olga on 083-650-6653 or (043) 735-1736 or Heather on (043) 748-1465.
- There are times you just need someone to talk to, to laugh and meet new people. Masithethe Counselling Services are hosting a Live, Love, Laugh Support Group to create a space where people can meet, be themselves and talk about issues that are affecting them, spread awareness, educate and encourage each other. Masithethe (formerly LifeLine) will provide the space and facilitate the process. This support group is open to all. To be held every third Wednesday of the month at 6pm at the Masithethe Centre at3 St James Road, Southernwood. For more info call 043-722-2000 or WhatsApp: 084-091-5410 and Facebook.
- There will be a farm market on Farm B18 Thornpark (10km on Stutterheim Road) Arts and Crafts, Beer Garden, Picnic Spots, Coffee Bar, Cakes, Farm Yard Animals for the kids. Bring the family and enjoy the day with us.