Cambridge Street fire causes chaos

IN ASHES: The remains of the three Cambridge St stores following a mysterious fire on Tuesday morning
Picture: THEMBELA NDLUMBINI

Cambridge Street in King William’s Town was brought to a standstill recently following the burning down of Hollywood Beauty Hair Salon, Cheap Cheap Wholesale and Retail, as well as and; Thando’s Catering, Hiring and Decorating Services.

The incident is believed to have occurred at 1.30am on Tuesday. morning.

While the reason for the fire has not been confirmed, some residents said they believed it was a gas leak or electric fault.

King William’s Town fire department was quick on the scene and spent most of Tuesday afternoon clearing out the area.

The traffic department was also on hand to direct traffic while the SAPS helped ensure no looting took place.

According to SAPS spokesperson Captain Siphokazi Mawisa, a case of malicious damage to property has been opened for investigation, but otherwise no one was reported injured.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here